BLOG BLOG BLOG

Monday, March 08, 2010

Recently Watched Movie Reviews

People don't know this about me, but I am a huge fan of movies. Here are some of my comments on recently viewed movies.

1. Iron Man-So it took me a few years to watch this one, but I enjoyed every minute of it. And now I don't have to wait long to see the sequel.
2. Julie and Julia-I have recently downloaded an app on my fancy phone that allows me to have the codes for free Redbox movies. My first free rental was Julie and Julia. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't finish this particular movie, and for lack of interest I haven't really cared that much.
3. Only You- Ah, Robert Downey Jr. You are so cute. This is, by far, the greatest movie in which the plot is based around a Ouija Board reading.
4. The Pianist- I always catch this movie close to the end, which is good, because all of that Holocaust stuff is a bummer. I still get very nervous when he's wearing the German Officer's coat and almost gets shot. Poor guy.
5. The Soloist-Another Robert Downey Jr. film. I think that if I had been by myself, I would have sobbed through this entire movie. I don't know why I've never heard of this movie, but it was super good. Plus, RDJ is always great...always.
6. The Memory-Keeper's Daughter- Since it was Sunday and I am a female, I am contractually obligated to watch a Lifetime (television for women) movie. Tonight I DVR'd this movie, which I have seen before, but always appreciate. See, this couple has twins, but one of the twins has down syndrome, so the dad gives the baby away. Wait for it, his wife doesn't find out about it until he dies fixing her kitchen sink, and she is cleaning out his office. Touching moments abound in this gem. Bravo, Lifetime...You've done it again!

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I also enjoyed the Soloist. You could have cried through the whole movie... I would have been ok with it. I am a cryer too.
And I like the movie Julie and Julia... but I guess it is not for everyone.
I'm super bummed I missed the lifetime movie yesterday! What was I thinking? We should have watched it together.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger politicchic6 said...

I HATED the Memory Keeper's Daughter, and the book was worse if that means anything.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

Can't wait for Iron Man 2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home