BLOG BLOG BLOG

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Crafting it up! starring me

So, I'm going to be perfectly honest, I love the thought of a do-it-yourself project. I long for the day when I can re-tile my bathroom or build my own deck. But right now I have to settle for painting picture frames and crocheting. (Yes, I know how to crochet)

I have also started collecting pop cans in an attempt to make a wicked awesome mosaic coffee table with the recycled (I'm green) aluminum. And don't even get me started on the pop-tab lampshade I also want to make.

The thing about the craft projects is...I have no place that I can lay out all of my crafts and leave them out without bothering the old lady roommate and my other roommate.

Another problem with sharing a house with two roommates is that I participate in something which involves tons of cutting out and newspapers. Lots of newspapers. I have been couponing since this summer. It is amazingly fun. Every week I get four newspapers delivered to me Sunday Morning and I go through that and pull out the coupon books (there are usually about 2-3) and clip coupons.

Yesterday I saved $95 at Smith's just by buying things with coupons on top of sales. The people in the line behind me always think, "great an annoying lady with coupons." But when they see how much money I save, they are always asking me how I do it.

Couponing has become very fashionable. I think it's because of the bad economy. I just cringe at the thought of paying more than $1 for Cheerios or Honey Bunches of Oats. The best part is that I save even more money than if I bought the store brands. It's incredible. And I can afford to be a little more picky with what I do choose to spend my money on. That's right...I have decided to switch fully to the cage-free eggs.

And I can buy Bella the expensive food that is all natural without breaking the bank. They always have coupons for the kind of cat food I like. I know people think that the kind of food animals eat doesn't make a difference and that the cheap stuff is just as good, but let me tell you something. It isn't. Bella's coat is shinier and, most importantly, she doesn't shed like a maniac when she is eating the more expensive food.

So, if you have a do-it-yourself project that you need some extra help with, or you need someone to coupon shop for you...let me know. I am available every other week. -

3 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Par 5 said...

I want to know about couponing! (Apparently that's not a real word.) I tried it once last year, but I felt like if I wanted to get the deals, I had to go to the store at least once a week...so, is that the case, or was I just waaayyyy off?

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I should start couponing! You rock! Also... I love do it yourself projects, so lets do something... I just don't know what. Any ideas? I totally want you to do your pop can one, because the pic you showed me was awesome. DO IT! Who cares about the old lady. Keep it in the basement.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

nice work. And to think I was one of those who thought you were crazy with your coupons. Are there any Comic-Con Coupons?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home