BLOG BLOG BLOG

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year...New Resolutions

I'm not going to say I hate resolutions. I don't. I think they serve a purpose in life. I have never really made any resolutions before to have developed a hatred for them. So, this year, I decided to make several resolutions which I am sure everyone wants to hear about.

First, are the resolutions I'm pretty sure I can keep.

1. Go to comic-con again. Meet the cast of firefly and buy a Jayne hat.
2. Don't vomit this year. Throught the use of drugs and good old fashioned witchcraft I think I can do this.
3. Clean my car out at least once.
4. Mail the Christmas presents I haven't mailed yet to my family in Idaho.
5. Get my cat to stop playing in the garbage. Seriously, Bella, knock it off.

Now for the toughies.

1. Go to the gym at least twice a week. I am determined to fit back into some clothing.
2. Try to get nominated for a makeover show...i.e. What Not To Wear, Extreme Makeover. I'll take anything.
3. Cut back on the sarcasm...seriously.
4. Get the stray cats in the backyard fixed. It's like Wild Kingdom back there.
5. Cut down on debt. It would probably help to become more financially savvy.
6. Register my car within a month of the old registration expiring.
7. Form relationships with new people...not that I don't love you guys that I already know...
8. Go to bed before three in the morning.
9. Fold laundry the second it's done instead of letting it pile up on the floor. Also, put laundry away after folding it.
10. Not buy anymore books until I have read all of the ones I have previously bought.
11. Not cry at work more than two times this year (a bigger task then one might think).
12. Be out of sweatpants for at least eight hours a day.
13. Spend $100 or less a month on food.


So that's the list. I can't lie and say that it is a complete list or that I won't change a few of them. But I think it's a good start.

7 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Par 5 said...

I don't know Abs. I the whole be out of sweat pants thing seems a little harsh. I am an avid wear-er of sweat pants and I don't think I could go very long wearing anything else. You may want to re-think that. Good luck with the rest of those things though!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

That would be awesome is you got to go on What Not to Wear. I love that show and want to go on it myself. If you want... I found "Secretly Film" you and nominate you as your friend. :o) Let me know.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger The Rage said...

I can't believed this was updated!!! Funny enough your first resolution about Comic-Con is also my first resolution. It's going to be a complete Win.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Is vomiting a problem for you? And I don't find anything wrong with wearing sweatpants all day. I enjoy being comfortable.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

That's a lot of goals. Glad the Con is at the top of the list.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger politicchic6 said...

Is it a resolution to just state something you are already going to do? Are you really RESOLVED to do it? Or was it planned previously. I don't make resolutions. Especially the New Year kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home