BLOG BLOG BLOG

Friday, July 31, 2009

Comic-con 2009

As I am sure everyone knows, I went to comic-con last weekend for possibly the best four days of my life...ever! If you are a nerd and love being able to say something nerdy and not have to explain what it means to people, then comic-con is for you. Here are some of my favorite parts of the trip.

Day One: We arrive at our hotel, booked by the infamous Smithfieldman. The Good Nite Inn was not as scary as I had originally thought it to be. Plus, the strip club across the street allowed me to earn some extra cash for the rest of the trip.
The exhibit hall was huge!!! Rachel ran into, literally, Seth Green. I bought some memorabilia (a sweet BSG shirt and a Firefly shirt) and we didn't even come close to experiencing Half of the exhibit hall.

Day Two: New Moon was first on the agenda, however, you apparently had to camp out for weeks to get in. But this circumstance led me to other nerdy events. I went to a panel about this TV show I never watched called the Middleman. It was actually pretty funny. I am probably going to work on watching it sometime soon. I also met Richard Hatch from the original BSG.
We then waited in line to see one of my favorite people, BRUCE CAMPBELL! And, boy, did he deliver. Finally, I met people who appreciate the beauty that is the acting prowess of Bruce. He is a god at comic-con. If you don't know who he is, then you don't belong at comic-con. Period. Bruce Campbell is one of the reasons comic-con exists.
After Bruce, the people of Psych came out. Gus tap-danced. I got a psych magic eight ball. Awesome.

I am going to have to continue this later as I am tired and there is so much more to talk about. Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

Yeah. I think the Good Nite Inn was a good choice. Bruce was pretty cool. COmic-Con is the best trip ever!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger The Rage said...

After seeing Bruce in all of His glory - I've decided that Burn Notice is one of the greatest shows ever. I've watched the latest season and plan to watch more. I'm only sad we found the Firefly booth on the last day... until next year comic-con.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home