BLOG BLOG BLOG

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Books I Need to Read This Year

Am I the only one who has a huge pile of books to read that keeps accumulating more each day?

I have so many books that I want to read, so many books that I have waiting for me to read, and so many authors to try out I don't know what to do with myself.

First, I still haven't read the last Mistborn book yet by Brandon Sanderson. My intention is to read the first two again so that I can remind myself of what is going on. So, everytime I start to read the first book, something else comes up. And because I've read it before, I feel like Mistborn can go on the back burner.

Second, I still haven't read the last Percy Jackson book, which is making my nephew really angry.

I've started a few books that I need to finish. The Three Musketeers (again, a reread)...Crime and Punishment (another reread) and who knows what else. Maybe I should declare this year the year I reread all of my old favorites. I'm already halfway through The Lord of the Rings. All I need now is The Once and Future King, East of Eden, and Atlas Shrugged.

I think I'm on to something.

BTW, there are few people that I trust to make book recommendations to me. Chances are, you are not one of them. Don't take it personal. I'm simply a book snob. So please don't take this as a chance for you to tell me to read some Nicholas Sparks book or The DaVinci Code. But if your name is Michele, then feel free to recommend away. You have yet to lead me astray. Except you hate Ernest Hemingway. What's that about?

5 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

I haven't read Atlas Shrugged, but The Once & Future King is one of my favorites.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I have a large list of books that I need to read... and I have not. They just sit because I have good intentions for no follow through when it comes to books. I hope you do better than me in the future.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I, too need to read the 1st and 2nd Mistborn books so I can read the 3rd one. What? You're judging me because I waited in line 5 hours to get a numbered-signed copy of #3 over a year ago and still haven't read it?

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger politicchic6 said...

I think it is time for you to read Jasper Fforde. You would really like his style. Also that High Winds of Jamaica book that I lent Marion. I think you might be the only other person in the world that likes it.

Have you read the last Wheel of Time yet? I am thinking about waiting until they are all finished then rereading the whole thing from start to finish.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger stewedslacker said...

Wow, you are blogging again. I stopped checking a while ago out of sheer dissapointment.
:) welcome back to the fold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home