BLOG BLOG BLOG

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the Year!!!

That's right. It's coming on Christmas, they're chopping down trees, or at least I think that was something that Joni Mitchell or someone like that said. I am really excited for a few things that come only during the Christmas season. And because I work in retail, most of them are going to be about the lovely general public, whom I will hereafter refer to as Idiots.
1. The idiots who decide that seven o'clock in the morning the day after Christmas is a good time to be at the mall. Seriously, folks. It's not necessary. And most of those people are shoplifters who somehow managed to jump out of bed with one desire, pilfering something at the local shoe store. Not a good idea, idiot. If you're the only one in the store, we're probably going to have our eye on you.
2. The Christmas music. If I have to listen to that Gloria Estefan song one more time, I think I might stab my eye out with a shoe lace. That song makes me wish, and this is a little mean, that she hadn't recovered fully from that crash she had awhile back. I mean, I don't wish death on poor Gloria Estefan, I just wish that she hadn't been allowed to record that song. And has anyone else noticed that these past few years, you can't go anywhere without hearing that old classic, "Oh Holy Night". I never thought I would be sick of that song, but I am.
3. I hate the Hickory Farms place in the mall. Who eats that crap anyway. If I wanted to kill myself with a inedible food item, I wouldn't choose one of those disgusting beef stick products to do it with. Someone should club those ladies over the head with a beef stick. I also hate that stupid place that sells cinnamon covered almonds. Maybe if that smell didn't get everywhere. Now that's something that sicks me out.
4. And the final thing that I am sarcastically excited about this Christmas is those really cheesy movies that the ABC Family channel play 24/7. I don't know what that one movie is called, but it involves Will from "Will and Grace" and the stupid "Touched By An Angel" lady. Yikes I hate that show. I also hate that Christmas Story movie.
Hmmm...Enough venting for now.

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger The Rage said...

Well Ebenezer, I hope that at some point this Christmas the Christmas spirit is able to bit you and hard. I love Christmas and everything about it - the music, hickory farms stuff, shoplifiting, getting up at 7am the next day is one of the greatest moments of the year! Ah the great sales! Bazing!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

I already have my alarm set ready to go. I think I will be the first one in the mall this year. I think that someone should watch a show entitled The Grinch who Stole Christmas and pay attention to what happens to the Grinch's heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home