BLOG BLOG BLOG

Sunday, May 22, 2005

I-DA-HO

Here I am in Idaho. the greatest state in the Union. Everything is surprisingly green here, considering I live in the middle of a desert. The drive here was long but happy because the radio in my car worked the entire time.
There is one evil that I spyed on my way into town. My beloved Westside has sprouted up with a Wal-Mart, the ever pressing destroyer of all real culture and individuality. My town does not need another Wal-Mart. There is one across town, and it's not like we live in this huge place. Sure we have more than enough white trash to go around, but does that mean we need to encourage them by giving them a homeland to shop in?
Go away Wal-Mart. Give me back my Westside. There is no room for you here. Unless of course it's past midnight and I really need to buy a CD or some batteries or something.

3 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger The Rage said...

Hmm, I don't really care about anything as long as all of my basic needs are met. Be it through Wal-Mart or what have you. I love white trash conglomerates!!! ("Michele" you are a nerd)

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger James said...

Walmart was a nice creation. But I think it has gotten out of hand. Sam Walton must be spinning around in his grave up on Walton Mtn. And has anyone else ever experienced the problem of a lack of checkout clerks when you wanna get out of there, it takes *roughly 6 dog years to make it out.

* not an exact measurement

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

I saw this guy the other day wearing a shirt that said Mal Wart, sellers of plastic junk. I thought it was funny. I think the farther north that you go with Wal Mart the more dirty the stores get, because in Provo, I don't mind going every once in a while. But the one in Logan, I try to avoid at all costs.
I also like the state of IDAHO, seeing as that is the state of my birth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home