BLOG BLOG BLOG

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I Fought The Law...

And the Law won, as the old song goes. How was my trip, you ask. Great. But we can talk about how my parents and family made me cry at a later time. The most important thing comes from my ride home. Clarence, my car in case you've never met him, and I were scooting by at a reasonable speed. I say reasonable because it was Utah and no one drives reasonably. Well, as I was saying, it was about six, when out of nowhere the lights come flashing behind me. I thought for a second that maybe, just maybe, he was looking for someone else, but no. Apparently I was going 75 MPH instead of the regulated 65. (Does anyone else think it's insane that the freeway speed is 65?) So long story short, my driver's license was not valid, I couldn't find my Proof of Insurance (which I have), and I was speeding. The officer, who wasn't as nice as a certain Officer Moore of my acquaintance, told me to get off at the next exit and call someone to come and get me because I couldn't drive home.

I am still trying to get everything together. The lady at the DMV told me I just needed to get the form filled out, I didn't need to get a new license, and send said form in. Hooray! Also, my new Proof of Insurance is on the way. I think the most valuable thing I have learned is that Utah is not my favorite place to drive, I should probably slow down on the freeway or at least when I see a cop, and that polychic and the rage are great roommates who are even willing to brave the treachorous roads of Bountiful to come and pick up an overdramatic roommate. And to Jimbolicious, you know that it was a sign that you heard Renegade the very day I experienced this event. That song just has to be the best STYX song ever.
The following link is provided to any who need to check the status of their driver's license. Did you know that within 10 days of moving you need to inform the DMV?
www.driverslicense.utah.gov

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

Oh the joys of driving in Utah. I am glad that you and clarence weathered that storm.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger www.jonpinney.com said...

well, i just renewed mine via the internet. I keep it simple by saying that I still live at home. No one's caught me on it yet. Good thing the cop that broke up the huge party at my house last friday night wasn't checking on the validity of my license--or any of the ten cops that showed up for that matter. If i actually get the 1000 dollar fine i'll let you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home