BLOG BLOG BLOG

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sin City

Well, I went to a movie today. Sin City. But if you are going to judge me about it then just think that I went to The Pacifier with Vin Diesel. I've decided a few things about myself. I really don't mind excessive amounts of violence. I really like Bruce Willis. I also continue to enjoy pretty much every Robert Rodriguez movie, including Spy Kids, which I may or may not own. Sin City is one of those movies in which there was an excessive amount of violence, but I enjoyed none the less. Let's just say that at one point Elijah Wood, who pretty much played the creepiest character in the movie, was tied to a tree with all of his limbs cut off while a dog...well, we won't get into that. I keep trying to tell myself that I shouldn't have enjoyed the movie so much, but then I think about how fake everything was. Sure it was bloody, but when the blood is yellow or some other type of color, I have a hard time being grossed out. The grossest part of the whole movie for me was the nudity at the beginning. I hate nudity, probably more than anything. It was hard to think of the cute mom from Spy Kids, all walking around naked, so I became really involved in the popcorn that I was eating during those parts.
Frankly, I really enjoyed the movie, but the people that I went with hated it. We'll call them "Rachel" and "Michele". Then again, they can sit through really scary movies, in fact, they search them out, whereas I pee my pants during pretty much any kind of scary scene. Previews for scary movies are more than I can handle.
I am pretty upset right now, I won't get into it, but hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. It better be or I might just have to do something drastic, like cry or something.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger The Rage said...

Well, I agree with you on some points. I did hate the movie in general. There were some points that I enjoyed immensely, but the bad over powered the good for me in this case. I do love scary movie even though I do nearly cut off the blood supply of the hands and arms of whoever happens to be sitting next to me - usually politicchic. Anyone up for that Ring 2 movie or cursed? I never feel like I could possibly waste fifty cents on movies like that, except maybe that one movie - Darkness, it really sucked. I did love Elijah Wood though and for those of you that know me, this is nothing new.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger The Rage said...

It was no Work and the Glory

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

I in a sick twisted sort of way want to see this movie, but on the other hand I probably won't because I am not that into violence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home