BLOG BLOG BLOG

Monday, March 28, 2005

The small amounts of sleep people get

Today was pretty fun. It all started out at the unlikely hour of seven, when my radio went off with the country music (honestly, I don't know how it became programmed to be my alarm). I was the first person up today. How crazy is that. The trip to Fruitland was wonderful, there were no rockslides to muddle up milemarker 18 this time. I slept through most of sacrament meeting, mostly because I couldn't keep my eyes open due to lack of sleep (I spend too much time checking everyone's blog) and Andrew, oops I mean Andy, has one of the most comfortable shoulders to lean on. Plus, that blue shirt he was wearing not only made him look extremely handsome and muscular, much like someone who was cast as a Wookie in Star Wars might look in human form, but really soft.
Luckily, the gang was with me on skipping Relief Society. Big Steve's Sunday School lesson was wonderful as usual, but I didn't think that I could sit still for another hour, you know, because I have Adult ADD.
The Easter Egg Hunt followed the most spectacular dinner Consuelo could have cooked up. And Auntie J was well armed with her green Jello concoction (I will be dreaming of it tonight) and a wonderful chocolate pie meant for a certain Freshman who shall remain nameless, mostly because he thinks he is too good for our company.
Remember how we found an egg lost from last year. And there was a captivating spiritual message brought to us again by the imagination of Consuelo. She might have pricked everyone's hand with a sharp little nail, I thought I was going to bleed to death. I think she did this mostly because Big Steve said that it wouldn't really hurt anyone.
Then to top off the day, the Angel marathon, which ended about a half hour ago made The Rage burst into uncontrollable tears (WHY DID WESLEY HAVE TO DIE???). I think we have sucked yet another person into our magical world that is Angel. Her name is Marinda, and if things go well, she can be just another excuse for me to watch the entire series yet again.
I think that this has gone on long enough. I should probably leave you all to your comments.

5 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

Ah the joys of watching Angel. If it just wasn't so good and funny. I highly enjoyed the Fruitland expedition and was quite happy that I could catch up on my sleep while I was there. The hunt was great this year as was the food.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger James said...

Hmm amusing

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger The Rage said...

Hey, that was a healthy cry. Wes dying is one of the saddest things and with Fred, it justs too much for me ...
Sorry, I needed a moment to recover. Easter WAS good this year and I enjoyed skipping RS immensely. A good long nap was what everyone needed.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger James said...

So what was this "spiritual message," was it on the importance of going to relief society ;)? and polychic, what did you have to raise your hands forever for in the CTM(in Peru it was the CCM), inquiring minds want to know?

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger kittykat5000 said...

In an answer to some questions. Consuelo's spiritual thought involved scriptures about the resurrection inside easter eggs along with a little prop. For instance, one of the eggs was the scripture about Christ in the Tomb, and so there was a piece of cloth to represent the dressings.
The nail, a pretty obvious symbol was just really small and didn't look harmful. But indeed it was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home