BLOG BLOG BLOG

Saturday, December 30, 2006

My New Weight Loss Program

I have been thinking for the past couple of months that I really need to get into shape. Unfortunately, I really hate working out. I hate running, I hate taking time out of my day to go to the gym, and most of all, I hate paying to have to work out. But there is a sport out there that I would love to participate in and I don't think that I would mind spending a little bit of cash to do so. This sport is...BOXING!!!
And although I did just watch Rocky VI, I don't want anyone to think that I am basing my whole decision on the fact that I love that movie. (But, if Rocky can do it, so can I!)
List of Pros for boxing:
--My dad is totally against the idea, which must mean that it would be fabulous to do so.
--I have a lot of untapped rage building up inside of me. I've seen Fight Club, I know hitting something or someone can really help.
--There seems to be a lot of cool boxing-related injuries. Think about it. Black eyes, broken hands, crushed ribs, and excessive bleeding are just some of these injuries.
--I will finally be able to get one of those hanging punching bags that real hipster people have in their basements. I have the perfect spot all lined up for mine.
--The chance to jumprope like I have always wanted to.
--The shoes. Seriously, you could sneak up on a panther with those babies.
List of Cons for boxing:
--Rumor has it, boxing is harder than it looks. Despite how easy Rocky makes it look, someone is essentially trying to kill you with their fists.
--I wear contacts. I am not sure if this poses a problem, but I am looking into it.
--You have to touch someone while they are sweating excessively.
--People might think I am in an abusive relationship due to all of the unexplained bruising and broken bones.

Anyway, this is just a few things I have to think about before I sign up for my membership at a boxing gym. But I really think that boxing is the wave of the future for me.

2 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

Have you ever watched Million Dollar Baby? Depending on how you look at it, the movie might hinder or help your new crusade and depending on where you stop watching it as well. So Rocky Balboa was a good movie, hopefully it makes it to the little K-can theatre.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger The Rage said...

I think boxing would really be taumatizing for you. Really consider it carefully... Although I can see how Rocky really has inspired you. Just be careful that you don't die.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home