BLOG BLOG BLOG

Friday, February 17, 2006

The Most Awkward and Humiliating Question...

...of all time was asked of me today. Let me give you the background. I was at work, helping these two older women try on some Skechers, you know, the really ugly ones that only people from Southern Utah County would like. Anyway, after trying to convince one of them to try on some cute Diesel's, she shouts out in this really strange voice, "So when are you having this baby?". I don't know about you guys, but I'm not having a baby anytime soon. Last time I checked I was just a little bit overweight, not carrying an extra person on me. At first I thought that maybe she was talking to the other woman that was in the same proximity, but no, she clarified her question by asking me more specifically, "Aren't you having a baby?".
So now I feel like I need to either A) lose a ton of weight by developing some sort of eating disorder, I heard that bulimea gave you all of the perks with little of the side affects, or B) start pretending that I am actually having a baby.
Why did this lady feel like she needed to say anything to me. I mean, she doesn't have a clue who I am. Why does she care when my "baby" is due? How bout we just make it a rule to never, never ask a woman when her baby is due unless you know for an absolute fact, not a hunch Michele, that the woman is having an actual baby. It's none of your business anyway. And it might cause someone to develop an eating disorder, which is not good.

5 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger The Rage said...

I stand by my original statement that you should have given her a due date at which time your "baby" was going to be due. I think that you should milk the pregnant situation for all that it is worth. Maybe some time off for maternity leave, presents, parties...there are endless possiblities. And the whole unwed mother angle - it's gold, pure gold -you just gots to get the right sob story going...man, this could be big! The story, not the baby...

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

The Story still makes me laugh. At the stupidity of some people. Why does this women care? I don't know. It is one of those questions that never will be answered. I just don't get it. Well get your risk strategy more honed for the next time we play.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The Rage makes an awesome point about the perks of pretending to be pregnant. Run with it for a few months and the create a great sob story about how you lost it in the end and that you need a month off of work to emotionally heal. I'm not a huge advocate of the bulimia. My friends' face got really fat when she was bulimic. Don't ask why, I don't know. It's a fact though...

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger The Rage said...

Woah, I think that you may have inadvertantly (sp?) bazinged Kittykat, politicchic - what were you thinking?

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger James said...

So the whole bulemia thing brings reminds me of a date I was on one time, (i.e.) Saturday night. It was a blind date, and she was kind of cute, but she had very pointy shoes that looked like they could deflate a soccer ball with a good punt. Anywho to make a long story short I thought she was bulemic because she hardly ate anything for dinner, then almost ran to the bathroom afterwards to threaten up. Then she beat me at bowling, which I think would be impossible for a bulemic. I mean seriously, who's ever thought of a bulemic athlete, not me, that's for dang sure. Oh and Rage,erzi means son.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home