BLOG BLOG BLOG

Monday, October 08, 2007

Fear Fest Continues

Last night we watched Disturbia, a modern take-off of the classic Hitchcock movie Rear Window. Do I love Rear Window? Yes, I do. Do I love Disturbia? Yes, I do. Here is why.

1. Rear Window has Perry Mason in it. And Jimmy Stewart. And Grace Kelly. I love all of those people. And Disturbia has incredible casting as well. Umm, first off Shia LeBeouf is simply wonderful. (See him next in Indiana Jones 4) And Disturbia also features Trinity from the Matrix. (I am glad that she is still acting)

2. I love voyeurism. Whether we are worrying about Miss LonelyHearts in Rear Window or checking out the husband across the street who is having an affair with the maid, I am intrigued.

3. I get freaked out everytime I watch Rear Window. Remember when he kills the dog? You secretly wish that Perry Mason didn't kill his wife, but you know that he did. And call me a baby, but that creepy guy from Disturbia (who also enjoys killing small animals) gives me nightmares.

Scariest Parts:

In Rear Window, there is that part at the end when Perry Mason is coming up the stairs and Jimmy Stewart is stuck in his wheelchair and you can just hear the footsteps. Yikes. I hate that part.

In Disturbia, the scariest part is when Shia is spying on him through the window and all of a sudden the killer guy is looking right back at him. I hate it when they do that in movies.

Until the next movie...

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

Good thing I called you when I did on Sunday to lessen the fright. I am liking this fear fest idea.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger The Rage said...

Fear Fest has been so successful! Valentine (can double as valentine's day movie) here we come. Scare Factor: 2, Cheese Factor 10! The perfect combination! Plus it has Angel - so there you have it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home