BLOG BLOG BLOG

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Depressing Post from A Depressed Gal

Hello, everyone.

As I sat watching TV tonight (My Big Fat Greek Wedding was on, what would you have done?) I started to suddenly become super depressed about things. Now, I don't want to force my problems onto anyone...so please, if you have problems of your own or hate hearing people complain about their lives, stop reading this right now. I don't want to bring anyone else down and I am DEFINITELY not trying to seek out pity or compliments or ways to fix all of my problems. So here is a list of crappy things that I have going against me right now.

1. After four years of blood, sweat, and tears I lost my job because of five "B#$ches". If you know me, you know that I am very outspoken and I don't lie to get ahead. I hate office politics. Mostly, I hate that these women have caused my life to change drastically while they are sitting there at work celebrating. I wish for horrible things to happen to them. Then I feel bad for wishing that. I am grateful for the change, but at the same time, this really sucks. Mostly, I just want some sort of justice. I know that justice doesn't always come out of events like this. But why can't it work out for me this once?

2. I am unemployed. I have no control over my life. I have to answer to the website every week just to attempt to qualify for unemployment. It's been almost three weeks and I have yet to get any yes or no response from them.

3. I have to pay the utilities bill tomorrow and my speeding ticket. But I have no money. I'm talking I have one dollar cash and $15 in my bank account. Everyone always talks to me about the power of paying tithing and the blessings that come from it, but what if you haven't been paying tithing? What if tithing is something that I believe in, but I'm not courageous enough to see if it works for me? And how can I expect any blessings to come from Heavenly Father when I haven't been the best disciple for a long time?

4. I am still alone, single, and friendless. (I know, I have friends-but I go days without hearing from anyone.) I sit at home and sand down tables and chairs and other things to occupy my time-but really all I want to do is lay down and sleep. The worst part of being single is the fact that you have no companion to help talk you out of these moods. There is absolutely no one in the world that prefers my company to anyone else's. (My cat is the only living creature on earth that would rather snuggle with me than be in anyone else's presence.)

I normally don't feel this way. I know that I have many, many blessings. I have a family that loves me. This is normal, isn't it? It's normal to feel like this every once in awhile. So, again, please don't think I am a suicide risk or that I need some major intervening. I will feel 100% better in a day or two. I blame My Big Fat Greek Wedding for starting me off on this cry fest. I hope that tomorrow will be better than today. And I hope that one day, I won't be so alone.

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Having moved to a different state, you're one of the people I miss the most... I've been thinking about you a lot recently. I'm not going to be all sappy and glass-half-full, but I'm rooting for you!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Tracy Mills said...

Hey Abby! I have for sure felt this way... so I know how you are feeling. Its not fun and its okay to feel this way and vent about it. I know I have not been the greatest friend in the world, but I hope you know that I care about you and that I am just around the corner if you want to talk or watch Lifetime movies together. I hope things turn around quickly for you. You deserve the best.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Julie Barnes said...

I can totally relate! Sometimes life just doesn't go the way you plan... no matter how hard I try, life just spirals down in to oblivian. Yuck. Hope you feel better soon, and if you ever need a desert vacation, feel free to join me in hell... I mean Albuquerque. :) ha ha ha Love ya, abby!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Par 5 said...

Well Abster, let me tell you this, I feel like this sometimes and I am married and have kids...I hate to get all preachy, but here's the thing, I think discouragement is Satan's #1 tool to get us in his power...don't let him win. Also, I think that major changes (like loosing your job etc.) is a great way to start fresh--Heavenly Father sometimes puts these trials in our way in order to help us become much better. (I can't say that I was exactly a saint when my brother died, but you can bet that I'm better now...at least I'm trying to be better). Also, if you're feeling bummed about being single, get yourself out there--make yourself availiable so that strapping young men can see what they have been missing out on! (Are you ready to punch me in the face yet?) Things will work out and someday you can look back and think, oh yeah, that's why I had to go through that...O.K. I'll stop...but wait, before I do, for the record, I think you're awesome...! :) There, I stopped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home