BLOG BLOG BLOG

Friday, May 14, 2010

I could do that

So, I may have just watched a comic book movie about a certain rich man who designs a special suit to survive a POW camp. I realized that I could be a super hero. Really. I've thought about this before and wondered what my superpowers could be. Now I realize that you have to have a reason you are a super hero before you can even think of what your totally amazing powers are.

Here's my story.

I am a mild-mannered (The reason that this isn't a stereo-typical description is that I've noticed that all female super heroes are not mild-mannered. They are usually pretty fiesty. Not me.) woman working in development for a major pharmaceutical company. While working on a cure for cancer (see, I'm noble) I accidentally ingest a highly toxic substance. Only guess what? I have also been doing radiation therapy because...I have cancer, too! So, through a combination of the toxic chemo drug and radiation, I gain the power to destroy life...just like cancer. (Blown away yet?) Now, I know what you're thinking. Wouldn't this be more of a super VILLIAN power?

At first, yes. But then I realize that I don't have to kill people. I can drain other super-beings of their powers. I'm not like Rogue because I can't necessarily use those other people's powers. But still, after I learn a little bit of combat, I can take down anyone who is causing super villiany problems in my neck of the woods.

Is this a stand-alone operation? Obviously not. I would have to join up with other super heroes like the Avengers or the Justice League. I would be the clean-up crew after they have defeated the bad guy. I would make sure that the villian couldn't come back in the sequel, despite how brilliantly we killed him in the first movie.

Names I am thinking about for my character:
Sarah Tonin (hilarious play on the word seratonin, you know, cause of the pharmaceutical element)
Eraser
The Finisher
Flo-bee (you know, cause I suck out people's powers and cut them off from them forever, like the famous hair cutting tool.)

Let me know what you think.

3 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

You are so funny, I like the way your mind thinks!
I think you are right.... I think you can do that. Just don't take away my super powers.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger smithfieldman said...

I think you should pitch this idea to everyone you meet at The Con.

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger stewedslacker said...

I'd watch that/wear a nifty t-shirt with your image on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home